200 hour Yoga Teacher Training over 12 weeks
September 16 - December 1, 2019
A 2 week immersion followed by 4 weekends over 11 weeks.
Asana practice in class
Observing and assisting in class
Home study, reading
2 week Immersion: September 16 - 28
Monday to Friday 6am - 3pm & Saturday 10am - 5pm
Saturdays 10am - 5pm & Sundays 9am - 5pm
October 12 & 13
November 2 & 3
November 16 & 17
November 30 & December 1
20 yoga classes over 9 weeks (choose from Mondays to Fridays at 6am, Mondays to Thursdays at 6:45pm and Saturdays at 10am)
6 observing and assisting classes at the Shala at your preferred times.
8 places only (2 places left)
This course provides the basis for a solid grounding in Yoga practice, teaching and theory. The course modules will give you the knowledge to be able to:
• Better understand your own body
• Gain a better understanding of posture and movement
• Teach general classes
• Develop your observation skills
• Adjust your students in postures safely and effectively
• Understand the principles behind modifying postures
• Create sequences for classes, courses and individual clients/students
• Teach 1 to 1’s
• Better understand your own mind according to Yogic Philosophy and Ayurvedic Philosophy.
• Establish a regular practice of asana, pranayama, mantra and meditation
• Understand common postural imbalances and how to correct them using yoga postures
• Understand and experience the link between the breath and the mind
• Determine your constitution through Ayurveda
• Influence your own health and state of mind through implementing lifestyle changes according to Ayurvedic principles.
Hatha Yoga Practices
Asana classes - advanced
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
Anatomy and Physiology
Dynamic Anatomy/ Biomechanics
Yoga Based Anatomy & Theory
Theory of Ashtanga Yoga (8 limbs) - Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
Hatha Yoga Pradeepika
History of Yoga.
Ethical Concerns using 8 limbs of Yoga
Discussion of Obstacles, Abhyasa & Vairaghya
Home reading of texts
Adjusting, Observation and Methodology
Sequencing, Class Planning, Course Planning
Postural Analysis and Re-balancing
Yoga for Special Needs: menstruation, pre and post-natal yoga
Ayurveda – Doshas, Gunas, Philosophy.
Basic Ayurvedic principles.
Observing / assisting / adjusting
Teaching a general class
Teaching 1 to 1
STYLE OF PRACTICE
The asana classes will be Vinyasa or Ashtanga Yoga (your preference). Jean’s teaching style emphasises safety, alignment and internal focus. There is a requirement to attend at least 20 yoga classes (not including the 4 weekends) between September 23 and December 1 at the Melbourne Yoga Shala. Your course fee includes unlimited classes for the duration of the course. So you are welcome (and encouraged) to attend as much as you like. The more you attend, the more you will learn. Classes at the Melbourne Yoga Shala are a combination of led-practice and self-practice classes. In the self-practice classes you will have an individual practice designed according to your capacity, needs and goals. During assessments you be encouraged to teach in the style you feel most comfortable.
Assessments will involve assignments, exams, observing and assisting in general classes, teaching group classes and teaching one to one.
MELBOURNE YOGA SHALA
The Melbourne Yoga Shala is a beautiful space to practice and study in Hawthorn East. A few minutes walk from Auburn station and 10 minutes walk from Glenferrie Rd. There are a selection of Yoga books to read during your breaks and a small kitchen with a fridge to store your lunch in and tea making facilities. There are a few cafes close by and many restaurants a short walk away on Glenferrie Rd. Parking is unrestricted on Sundays. During the week there is all day parking a few streets away.
Course cost: $3300 | Early Bird Price $3000 (payment in full 2 months prior to the start of the course - July 9, 2019)
A $500 deposit is payable upon application.
• Includes course manuals
• Includes unlimited classes for the duration of the course
Full payment is due 1 month prior to the course start date (August 9, 2019).
Minimum 1 year of asana practice.
Completion of this course will require a sincere commitment to regular practice and an interest in learning.
This course is certified by Yoga Alliance.
All applicable course fees must be paid 4 weeks prior to ensure a place in the Teacher Training Course.
• If the student pulls out of the Teacher Training Course more than 15 days before the start date of the Teacher Training Course a full refund will be provided minus an administration fee of $50.
• If the student pulls out of the Teacher Training Course between 1 and 14 days before the start date of the Teacher Training Course the $500 deposit will be forfeited.
• If the student pulls out once the Course has commenced whatever percentage of the course has been completed will be deducted from the refund of the full course fees as well as an administration fee of $100.
Jean Campbell has been teaching yoga for 23 years and training yoga teachers for the last 15 years.
Over the years she has trained in Iyengar yoga, Ashtanga yoga and Vinyasa yoga. She holds a Certificate IV in Yoga Teacher Training and is an ERYT 500 (Yoga Alliance).
Since 2002 she has been teaching numerous workshops, intensives and teacher trainings from her own studios and at various locations in Australia and internationally. Since 2004, she has been teaching the Anatomy and Asana components on Lance Schuler's Inspya Yoga Level 1, 2 & 3 Teacher Trainings in Australia, Malaysia, Germany, Switzerland and China. Click here for more details.
Jean believes all the information we learn can only be useful if we are able to apply it in our practice or our lives. This is the basis for her teaching. Practical, useful information that can be directly applied to your yoga practice and life to create a stronger, healthier, more mobile body as well as creating calmer states of mind to help us live a full and meaningful life.
"The course was a rare opportunity to study with someone who possesses a wealth of knowledge, is more than happy to share it, and who takes pride in producing high quality yoga teachers."
- John Zutic